Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Running Favorites

Guess what?  I’m a runner.  And over the years, I have honed my special “Running Favorites” playlist on my iPod like a fine-edged sword.  This is what I pull out to get me through races, long runs, and workouts where I just don’t think I can make it.  Songs have come and gone from the list, but these twenty-nine have stood the test of time.  If you are looking for new songs for your running playlist, these ones will never let you down.  In alphabetical order by song with occasional random comments.  Enjoy.

Ain’t Nothing Wrong with That – Robert Randolph & the Family Band – I think the NFL uses this song for Monday Night Football or something. 
B.O.B. – OutKast
Back on the Chain Gang – The Pretenders – That’s what it feels like in the middle of a long run.
Boom Boom Pow – Black Eyed Peas
Born to Run – Bruce Springsteen – I wrote a whole post about this song. 
The Edge of Glory – Lady GaGa
Firework – Katy Perry
Free – Elliot Yamin – he was on American Idol
Girl Anachronism – The Dresden Dolls
Going On – Gnarls Barkley
Hallelujah – Vitamin String Quartet – beautiful song.  Love to start a run to this one.
Hazy Shade of Winter – The Bangles
Here It Goes Again – OK Go
I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas - this is a good song for passing other runners
Johnny Come Home – Fine Young Cannibals
Knock Me Down – Red Hot Chili Peppers
Little Bird – Annie Lennox – Annie Lennox could probably do anything I could do ten times better. 
Lonely in Your Nightmare – Duran Duran
Never Alone – Fame Soundtrack – put this song on repeat for the last three miles of my first half marathon
Our House – Madness
Proud – Richard Niles – aka, the song from Biggest Loser before they replaced it with that dumb Train song
Right Now – Van Halen – seriously, best song ever for running. 
Run (I’m a Natural Disaster) – Gnarls Barkley
Second to None – Styles of Beyond – I have no idea how this got on my iPod but I love it. 
Somewhere Only We Know – Keane
What Doesn’t Kill You (Stronger) – Kelly Clarkson – lady runner power anthem
White Knuckles – OK Go
Womanizer – Britney Spears – Britney is so awesome
You Gotta Be – Des’ree – everyone loves this song



               

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM , Blogger koz said...

Am pretty sure that Such Great Heights by the Postal Service will be song #30.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home