Saturday, October 12, 2013

In Fear of Shark-Jumping

A week or two ago, after I wrote that hilarious blog about what my parenting book would look like, my son said, “I liked it, but that post was just like your one on helicopter parenting.”

“Well, your mother is a whore,” I responded – my typical response when I feel insulted. Because I saw a very clear distinction between those two posts, and I was totally offended that he didn’t get it.

But, God knows, there are only so many storylines before things start getting repetitive, and, including today’s post, this particular blog has had 170. That’s a lot. So I think it’s time to take a break.

I don’t know when I’ll start back up – maybe never, maybe under a different title – but it’s been an experience. I’ve had the chance to catalogue my trip through law school, most of my neuroses, the hilarious hijinks of my mom, dad, and son, turning forty, taking the bar, running a marathon, my love of grammar and books, my frustration with kids these days, and losing my dad.

Thanks for your support! Thanks to all of you who didn’t complain when you saw your name in a post. Thanks for those who managed to look past my liberal use of swear words. Thanks, especially to those who gave me encouragement along the way. Anything can be done once - trying to do it week after week is a little more challenging, so I have deeply appreciated your thumbs-up, shares, comments, and personal encouragement. Now go read a book.

4 Comments:

At October 13, 2013 at 10:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bpooooooo.

 
At October 14, 2013 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Tausha said...

I will truly miss you.

 
At October 15, 2013 at 8:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oprah thanks you. You took her down!

 
At October 19, 2013 at 7:22 PM , Blogger Beth said...

How I shall miss you! I shudder at poor grammar, have elevated swearing to an art form, and have laughed so much at the tales of your Mom and Dad. Waited on pins & needles with you and Emily as you looked for the results of the bar- about this time of year, I'm thinking....Good luck, do what you enjoy, and Go Bucks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home