Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A rare, midweek post


Just a few, quick notes:

  1. I’m not happy to be home for the holiday’s
  2. I do not welcome Happy New Year wishes from the Smith’s
  3. We shouldn’t talk about what our child want’s for Christmas
  4. We should not congratulate all of the hero’s out there
  5. No one should heed a sign that says “Employee’s only!”
  6. And similarly, we should shun all containers that state, “Newspaper’s only

Because all of that shit is wrong.  WRONG. 

An apostrophe “s” is only used to show possession, not to make something plural.  Okay?  To make something plural, just add a fucking “s” to it without the apostrophe. This is actually something that will take LESS work and LESS effort and LESS thought from you.  Occasionally, you might have to add “es,” now that I think about it.  For example, writing “I just bought six dresss” would look really weird, so you just say, “I just bought six dresses.”  NEVER “I just bought six dress’s.”  That is so horribly wrong.  You are a lazy fucker if you don’t know this by now, and I do NOT forgive you. 

 

 

 

2 Comments:

At November 1, 2012 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Beth said...

I judge people who use poor grammar. Can't help it. Didn't they go to fifth grade, for the love of god?

 
At November 3, 2012 at 11:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your aunt is applauding (or would be, if she had read the post).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home